As prohibited by federal law, we do not engage in business practices that discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age (provided you have the capacity to enter into a binding contract), because all or part of your income may be derived from any public assistance program, or because you have, in good faith, exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act. The federal agency that administers our compliance with these federal laws is the Federal Trade Commission, Equal Credit Opportunity, Washington, DC, 20 580.
Fair Lending Policy
It is our policy to comply with the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and the Fair Housing Act. In addition, it is our policy to comply with state laws that provide greater protection. Loankea, LLC ("Company") does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race; color; religion; creed; national origin; ancestry; sex; marital status; familial status (number and age of children); sexual orientation; age (provided that the applicant has the capacity to enter into a binding agreement); medical history; disability; physical condition; military status; because the applicant has in good faith exercised any right under the Consumer Credit Protection Act or the Service members Civil Relief Act (SCRA); that all or part of a consumer’s income derives from a public assistance program; or any other basis prohibited by law.
At Loankea, LLC, we do not discriminate against any applicant or discourage anyone on a prohibited basis from submitting a loan application. To assure that our employees have a clear and unequivocal statement of our commitment to a nondiscriminatory method of doing business, we have adopted the following fair lending policy. Employees must be thoroughly familiar with this policy and follow it.
• We do not discriminate against a loan applicant or borrower on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, handicap, age, the fact that all or part of an applicant’s income comes from any public assistance program or because the applicant has exercised any right under any relevant state or federal law.
• We do not selectively encourage applicants and we take no action that would, on a prohibited basis, discourage a reasonable person from applying for a mortgage loan.
• We do not, on a prohibited basis, refuse to make a loan, vary the terms offered including the amount, interest rate, period or type of loan, or use different standards to evaluate collateral or decide whether to extend credit.
• We avoid practices or policies that have a discriminatory effect. This rule applies to all phases of our mortgage lending business. It applies even though we do not intend the policy or practice to be discriminatory and even if the policy or practice appears to be neutral.
• We have adopted nondiscriminatory loan underwriting standards that avoid subjective, unwritten rules that can have a discriminatory effect. We make these underwriting standards public upon request at each of our offices.
• We make sure that our scoring system is empirically derived and statistically sound and uses no prohibited basis other than age as a predictive factor.
• We train our loan personnel in the principles of fair processing and underwriting.
• Our Quality Control Manager regularly reviews both our loan underwriting standards and the business practices by which we implement them to determine whether they ensure equal lending opportunity and reports to management.
• We periodically review our loan portfolio and applications to make sure that we are serving the community adequately and on a nondiscriminatory basis in light of the community’s demographic characteristics and credit demands.
• We conspicuously display the poster in a public area of each of our facilities stating that we are ascribing to the Equal Housing Act. Additionally, on all forms of advertisements, regardless of media, we include the Equal Housing Opportunity logo and/or the Equal Housing Opportunity slogan.
The Housing Financial Discrimination Act of 1977, California Fair Lending Notice It is illegal to discriminate in the provision of or in the availability of financial assistance because of the consideration of:
• Trends, characteristics, or conditions in the neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation, unless the financial institution can demonstrate in the particular case that such consideration is required to avoid an unsafe and unsound business practice.
• Race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, or ancestry.
It is illegal to consider the racial, ethnic, religious, or national origin composition of a neighborhood or geographic area surrounding a housing accommodation, or whether or not such composition is undergoing change, or is expected to undergo change, in appraising a housing accommodation or in determining whether or not, and under what terms and conditions, to provide financial assistance. These provisions govern financial assistance for the purpose of the purchase, construction, rehabilitation, or refinancing of one- to four-unit family residences occupied by the owner and for the purpose of the home improvement of any one to four-unit family residence.
If you have any questions about your rights, or if you wish to file a complaint, contact the management of this financial institution or:
1350 Front Street, Suite 3064, San Diego, CA 92 101−3687 1515 Clay Street, Suite 702, Oakland, CA 94 612−1462 2550 Mariposa Mall, Suite 3070, Fresno, CA 93 721−2273 320 W. 4th Street, Suite 350, Los Angeles, CA 90 013−1105 1651 Exposition Boulevard, Sacramento, CA 95 815 P. O Box 137 000 (mailing address), Sacramento, CA 95 813−7000
Important information about procedures for obtaining mortgage loan To help us prevent fraud and to assist the government in fighting the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, we are obtaining, verifying, and recording information that identifies each person who applies for and/or obtains a mortgage loan. What this means for you: When you apply for and/or obtain a mortgage loan, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Materials on the website
These materials are not from HUD, FHA, the USDA, or the VA. These materials were not approved by any government agency. They are independent of any government agency. We are not in any way affiliated with any organization listed or referenced within this website, including HUD/FHA/USDA/VA. The inclusion of various education, information, web links, or materials are not an endorsement of the Sender or any of its employees or business partners.
Rates are based on the information provided in the instant quote menu or standard* information in the menu.
Rates, loan products & fees subject to change without notice. Your rate and term may vary. If you do not lock in a rate when you apply, your rate at closing may differ from the rate in effect when you applied.
Subject to underwriting approval. Not all applicants will be approved.
Full documentation & property insurance required. Loan secured by a lien against your property. Consolidating or refinancing debts may increase the time and/or the finance charges/total loan amount needed to repay your debt. Terms, conditions & restrictions apply.
This is not a commitment to lend. The APRs listed above are estimates and do not include all applicable fees. The APR on your LE includes fees applicable to your loan and may differ.
Standard* disclosed rate assumes a rate and term refinance loan with loan amount of $ 400,000 on an owner-occupied single-family residence in California and Los Angeles county, minimum 760 FICO credit score, 80% loan to value with no subordinate debt. If these factors are not met, interest rate will be different.
Pricing is only valid in states where Loankea LLC is currently licensed to originate requested loan terms.
Loankea is committed to providing a wide range of unique mortgage products for every borrower using advanced technology